The posting says the job will initially based in Houston, Texas, with the manager coming to Kitimat sometime in the future.
The posting calls for the manager to provide an overall construction plan, co-ordinate and control the construction project from inception to completion aimed at meeting the Project’s requirements in order to produce a functionally and financially viable safe project that will be completed on time within the authorized budget and to the required quality standards.
Some of the job requirements give hints of the project to come:
- Previous LNG Project experience including construction
- Experience of modular and stick built construction
- Working knowledge of safety system and management to maintain world class safety performance
- Working knowledge environment system and management to maintain world class environmental performance
- Knowledge of logistics in remote sites
- Knowledge of heavy haul and lift works
- Proven ability with advanced project management principles
- Proven ability with people management
- Experience in Canadian labor law and have deep experience working with unionized labor
- Experience in working through cold weather climates
The site also has a posting for a Contracts and Procurement Manager.
Both postings expire on May 2, 2012.
Although Apache and its partners, Encana and EOG Resources now say that they have postponed the final go-ahead decision on the KM LNG project until the fourth quarter of 2012, as negotiations continue with Asian natural gas customers, the postings are indication that the project is progressing.